[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler] [Orca Spoiler] Another terribly amusing Speculation

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Mon Sep 11 17:18:47 PDT 2006

Philip Hart wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, Davdi Silverrock wrote:
>

>>> Mercury
>>> Venus
>>> Earth
>>> Mars
>>> Ceres
>>> Jupiter
>>> Saturn
>>> Uranus
>>> Neptune
>>> Pluto
>>> Sedna
>>> Xena
>>> Minerva
>>> Aphrodite
>>> Loki
>>> Bartelby
>>> Azreal
>>>

>> [...]
>> Poor Vlad.  "Did the whole *world* know Mario before I met him?!?"
>>

> Doesn't Kiera say something maybe snide about Mario at the end of _Orca_?
> Approx. "I don't share Vlad's superstitious view of M"?

Chapter 17 of Orca:

[cite]

He shook his head, "If it's Mario, there's no point in trying to run,
and if it isn't, well, there isn't any other one person I'm particularly
afraid of."

I nodded. I felt the same way, except that I didn't have his
superstitious dread of Mario.

[end cite]

It's interesting that this line comes just as Vlad has finally figured
out who Kiera really is--and just before she figures out that he knows.