[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler] [Orca Spoiler] Another terribly amusing Speculation

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Tue Sep 12 10:45:22 PDT 2006

>I thought it interesting that Mario evidently didn't feel that, as a
>loyal Jhereg, that he needed to off Vlad himself.

If loyalty to the Organization tended to surpass personal loyalty then I'd
imagine that the Organization wouldn't have nearly as much in-fighting as
we've seen. People would refrain for the greater good.

In any case, imagine that Norathar had done what Vlad had done. Cawti asks
him nicely to show up at Valabar's and discuss things with her. Would he
really choose the Organization over Cawti? I think we've already seen that
the answer is no.

If Paarfi is right, then the Organization already rewarded Mario's loyalty
by trying to play him for a patsy. It's a different Organization now, but
I'm willing to bet that Mario still holds them in enough contempt for the
past that he'd willingly put any request from Aliera above such petty things
as monetary rewards offered by the Jhereg Council. It's likely that, rather
like Vlad, he already has all the money he'll ever need anyway.