[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler] [Orca Spoiler] Another terribly amusing Speculation

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Tue Sep 12 11:22:39 PDT 2006

Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
09/12/06 11:06 AM

Dragaera List <dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
Re: [Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler] [Orca Spoiler] Another terribly amusing
Speculation

.> > >>> Uranus

>> I thought it interesting that Mario evidently didn't feel that, as a
>> loyal Jhereg, that he needed to off Vlad himself.
>
>The council approach Kragar and say they want to have Mario off Vlad.

>What's more interesting to me is that Mario or "Mario" hadn't felt the
>need to help out Aliera->Norathar->Cawti by vanishing the people messing
>with her.  Even a hint that Mario disagrees with one's actions might be
>sufficient.

Kragar does say that he mentioned the Mellar situation to Mario at the
time it was happening, and that Mario "Didn't want to get involved."

I get the impression that this is his normal attitude towards internal
Jhereg power struggles. Looking at the timing of everything, it probably
took awhile before Cawti was willing to call on Norathar for help... And
then a while longer for Aliera to become concerned at Norathar's
involvement. By the time Aliera gets around to bugging Mario about it, she
gets kidnapped by the Jenoine, and spends a few weeks imprisoned before
the big showdown in /Issola/.
So it makes sense that all this would hit the fan just as soon as Aliera
is returned home and the J have been dealt with.