[Dragaera] [OT?] Read banned books!

Michele Riccio mr1 at rcosta.com
Thu Sep 14 13:27:42 PDT 2006

On 13 Sep 2006 at 15:18, Jon_Lincicum at stream.com wrote

> Well, I'd say it's a list of popular books that are banned.
>
> But that's somewhat understandable. If "Farenheit 451" or "Huckleberry
> Finn" are banned, it's a "suppression of great literature". If "Suzy
> Goes to the Toilet" is banned, the outcry is likely to be much
> smaller.
>
> Majikjon

But should the outcry be smaller?  If the problem is the suppression
if ideas, should it matter if it's in the form of "great literature"?  I
mean, a toddler might REALLY need to the be exposed to the
ideas contained in your "Suzy" book while not really needing the
ideas in "Huckleberry Finn" so much.  ;-)

Michele Riccio
mr1 at rcosta.com