[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler] Blackwand's Black Ray's of Death

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Wed Sep 20 08:59:11 PDT 2006

My
Very
Good
Dzur
Friend
Sends
Flowers
The
Graves
Of
All
The
Souls
She
Has
Destroyed

Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
09/20/06 08:49 AM

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
cc
"'SKZB List'" <dragaera at dragaera.info>
Subject
Re: [Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler] Blackwand's Black Ray's of Death

>On 7:29 AM Jon_Lincicum at stream.com wrote:
>> To the left, given Daymar's discussion with Vlad, it does seem likely
>> that
>> the spell that Crithnak's sister was casting did play a role in her
>> soul-death. I would say this tends to make it unlikely that GWs can
>> normally destroy spells as part of a ranged attack. It seems to take
>> special circumstances.
>
>What we don't know is the nature of that spell.   Just because her sister
blames Vlad doesn't mean that the fault doesn't belong to Crithnak.   She
attacked someone who had an effective defense >for that particular attack
- it may be that the defense was like Bugs Bunny with his finger in Elmer
Fudd's rifle, causing her attack to backfire.
Exactly my point.

Of course, Sethra points out she knows of no way to kill someone
sorcerously, so it's doubtful whether the intent of Crithnak's sister's
spell (we've *got* to come up with an abbreviation for "Crithnak's Sister"
*) was designed to destroy Vlad's soul--and it simply backfired, or
whether it was intended to do something else, but left her open to
reprisal from Lady Teldra that was then capable of destroying her soul.

To the left, Sethra didn't know about the Left Hand's special teleport
abilities, so it is at least *possible* that they're figured out a way to
perform a soul-destroying kill from a distance. The Left Hand seems to
have devised some pretty powerful magics of their own, and I doubt we've
seen the last of them.

Majikjon