[Dragaera] Some observations concerning the name Ibronka, with tangents

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 12:33:43 PDT 2006

On 9/22/06, Jot Powers wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 03:46:24PM -0700, Davdi Silverrock wrote:
> > Do you know, Google has less than 400 hits total on this name.
>
> [*Snip rest of interesting observations*]
>
> I will point out that Steven said, when asked about Ibronka being
> used in different contexts said something like (and I paraphrase):
>
> "John gets used a lot too".

Well, perhaps.  But "John", as a name (and reference) *exists* outside
of the context of folktales and such.

If you read a series of books which included three different
characters of various importance, all of whom were named
"Rumplestiltskin", wouldn't you think it just the teeniest bit
strange, given that all of your previous experience and context of
"Rumplestiltskin" as a name is that it is only used in a folktale?