[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoilers] On Name Cracks

Will Frank wmfrank at stwing.org
Thu Oct 5 17:43:39 PDT 2006

> > Orca
> >
> > Teckla
> >
> > Jhegaala
> >
> > Athyra
> >
> > Phoenix

<snipped, with a Morganti knife>

> > It's confusing, yes, but is it a Crack?
>
> I think so.
>
> The reason Vlad thinks that Crithnak needs to die is because she
> thinks that he deliberately destroyed her sister's soul.  So what was
> a dispassionate tactical hunt has now become a personal vendetta.  He
> probably couldn't convince her that what happened to her sister was
> unintentional, so he can't negotiate with her.
>
> Triesco is important because she's Terion's mistress, she's a powerful
> sorceress, she has status, and if Vlad can force through some sort of
> deal that is in her own interest to adhere to, he'll succeed in what
> he's trying to do.

That's sort of my point...coupled with this:

> Misleading Kragar about who is Terion's mistress doesn't really help
> Kragar or Vlad, which is why it makes no sense.

I think it's Vlad looking out for Kragar, and keeping him from knowing about
the sorceress he soul-ate. Especially since Kragar doesn't apparently
notice Lady Teldra. Plus, this gives Kragar some distance. Vlad doesn't
want to see Kragar get killed--especially not Morganti--for simply
associating with him.

Will "scifantasy" Frank - wmfrank at stwing.org
"Ruined lives, bloodshed? You really think a relationship should be that
hard?"
  "No one writes songs about the ones that come easy."
--Veronica Mars and Logan Echolls, "Look Who's Stalking"