[Dragaera] "Work" and money

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Oct 12 23:49:54 PDT 2006

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Davdi Silverrock wrote:

> Or perhaps it's like this:  Cawti was independently wealthy, but she
> had sufficient qualms about what her husband was doing for a living
> that she was reluctant to do anything in the way of supporting those
> activities financially

Hard to square with _Jhereg_ I think.  But the _J_/_Teckla_ transition
is anyway problematic in my view.

> -- and was sufficiently confused and
> embarrassed by those qualms that she preferred not to mention to Vlad
> just how wealthy she was.

My point was that Vlad must have done the same calculation as you,
and from the most informed possible perspective.  By _T_ they had
been together a long time - I think he would know roughly what
her financial history was.