[Dragaera] "Work" and money

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 07:16:07 PDT 2006

On 10/15/06, Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:
> At the end of _Phoenix_, Vlad has had to skip town suddenly,
> and yet he is wealthy, suggesting his funds are very liquid.
> Anybody remember if _Jhereg_ has anything to say about this?
> Or _Yendi_, where ready cash flow was essential to Vlad?
>
> I'm of course looking for Jheregs-keep-their-cash-in-the-mattress
> evidence.

I believe in /Orca/, Vlad teleports some cache out of one of his
underwater stashes where he also keeps dead bodies. I see no reason to
think he hasn't been doing this since the /Jhereg/ era, especially
since his wandering days are unlikely to have produced many bodies for
him to hide.

-Max

--
Be pretty if you are, be witty if you can,
But be cheerful if it kills you.

Everything in Windows is very simple, but the simplest thing is difficult.
    -Clauswitz