[Dragaera] [Issola, Dzur spoilers] GWs and aging (was: A Devera thread)

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 11:10:45 PDT 2006

On 10/23/06, Lang, Douglas (Contractor) <Douglas.Lang at ed.gov> wrote:

> > > .
>
> Max Wilson wrote:
>
> >Come to think of it, there's that whole thing with Laszlo and
> >witchcraft. So who knows, maybe even Vlad Sr. will still be hale and
> >hearty a hundred years from now. Unless he's been dissolved in a
> >puddle of Jenoine amorphia...
>
> I have wondered if the possession of a great weapon has an effect on the aging process - not unlike LoTR's rings, the bearer does not age nor die "in the usual way".  I can't think of any textev that would indicate that anyone wielding a GW died of natural causes.   Not that you can't get killed, just that you're not going to die of old age.
>
> To the left, of the GW holders we know of, Morrolan, Aliera, Telnan, and Vlad are all too young for this to have become an issue, and Sethra is a law unto herself.  It *could* be that she's so old because of her relationship (and ability to hold on to) Iceflame.  Is there any word on how long she's been carrying Iceflame?

I dunno, but the Sorceress in Green is 30,000 years old, and she
doesn't have a GW. Postulating that Sethra's age is due to Iceflame
seems to me to be multiplying entities unnecessarily.

-Max

--
Be pretty if you are, be witty if you can,
But be cheerful if it kills you.

Everything in Windows is very simple, but the simplest thing is difficult.
    -Clausewitz