[Dragaera] [Issola, Dzur spoilers] GWs and aging (was: A Devera thread)

Lang, Douglas (Contractor) Douglas.Lang at ed.gov
Mon Oct 23 11:14:36 PDT 2006

<snip>

>> While I'd like to learn more about Iceflame, if I were to be given a
>> chance to read the story of how she obtained a GW, that wouldn't be my
>> GW of choice.
>>

>I take it you're referring to Blackwand? Well, so would I.
>
>Interesting side-note... If holding a GW does indeed extend one's life,
>this could be an explanation for the unusually long lifespans of two
>other characters in Dragaera: The Sorceress in Green, and The Warlock
>(aka Laszlo, aka Lord Brimford). Might either of these folks be holders
>of Great Weapons?

Ah-ha, he said.  I had been thinking along the lines Max Wilson indicated, that Lord Brimford's longevity was more closely tied to his witchcraft than anything else.  But, I like your reasoning.  Maybe they are *fated* for great weapons, and are as surprised as any at their longevity.  (OK, I'm really reaching with that.)

-dpl