[Dragaera] "Kieron The Conqueror"

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 06:59:30 PDT 2006

On 10/23/06, Scott Crain <s_thomas_crain at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Maximilian Wilson <wilson.max at gmail.com> wrote:
> To the left, if it's a gripping adventure story (maybe voiced by
> Kieron himself, with overwraught dialogue a la 1920's cliffhangers)
> written by a contemporary Dragaeran, it may only be set in stone to
> the extent that one trusts the writer. Not every author is as careful
> as Paarfi, and while the early Empire seems to be fairly
> well-documented, the pre-Empire period is "a long way back, even for
> [Sethra]" and history seems pretty murky there. And cheap pulp writers
> aren't known for their accuracy anyway. I dunno, maybe there is some
> potential after all.

> ... Does Raygun Revival accept fantasy?  ;)

Hmmm. The /Eye of Kieron/, by Grignr of Thisbury.

 The weather beaten trail wound ahead into the dust racked  climes of
the baren land which dominates large portions of the Easterner empire.
Age worn hoof prints smothered by the sifting  sands of time shone
dully against the dust splattered crust of earth. The tireless Furnace
cast its parching rays of incandescense from overhead, half way
through its daily revolution. Small teckla scampered about,  occupying
themselves in the daily accomplishments of their dismal lives. Dust
sprayed over three heaving mounts in blinding clouds, while they bore
the burdonsome cargoes of their struggling overseers.  "Prepare to
embrace your creators in the stygian haunts of hell, barbarian",
gasped the first soldier.  "Only after you have kissed the fleeting
stead of death, wretch!" returned Kieron. A sweeping blade of flashing
steel riveted from the massive barbarians hide enameled shield as his
rippling right arm thrust forth, sending a steel shod blade to the
hilt into the soldiers vital organs...

--
Be pretty if you are, be witty if you can,
But be cheerful if it kills you.

Everything in Windows is very simple, but the simplest thing is difficult.
    -Clausewitz