[Dragaera] [Issola, Dzur spoilers] GWs and aging (was: A Devera thread)

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 11:46:00 PDT 2006

On 10/23/06, Maximilian Wilson wrote:
> On 10/23/06, Louis Eastman wrote:

[The Sorceress in Green is at least 30,000 years old]

> > When did we learn that?
>
> You know, I think it was in Yendi that we learned about her age, but
> I'm not sure. The events in Yendi lead me to assume that she has no
> GW; although Douglas Lang's comments on fate are well-taken.

No, her age has never been stated for certain.  However, when she is
introduced in /The Paths of the Dead/, she is mentioned as being
recorded in history as having performed a feat of sorcery a couple of
cycles before the present ("her fame stretching as far back as the
Fifteenth Tsalmoth Reign").  Even using very short reign lengths for
all of the reigns between then and the current Phoenix reign means
that she must necessarily be very old indeed.

  http://dragaera.wikia.com/wiki/Sorceress_in_Green

Of course, a possibility that has occurred to me is that the Sorceress
mentioned historically is not the same person as the current one; that
the appellation and the color preference were simply picked up by
someone else for whatever devious reasons.

But really, who can say?