[Dragaera] Dragaera Digest, Vol 4, Issue 17

Michele Riccio mr1 at rcosta.com
Tue Oct 24 12:50:56 PDT 2006

On 23 Oct 2006 at 14:26, Chris Olson wrote

> It might also be a lack of curiosity or desire to know.  I have a
> friend who was adopted, and she's never had any interest in finding
> out who her real parents are.  It may be unusual, but it's not
> unprecedented.
>
> Chris

Yes...but I'll assume your friend knows/knew her adoptive parents.
Having assumed, I will go on to speculate that knowledge of a
parent substitute can lessen the curiosity of wanting knowledge of a
parent in some cases.

Vlad doesn't know much of his mother, or, from what we've been
told, have any mother substitute.

I'm not saying that it's impossible for man to raise a child sans
woman; I am, however, of the opinion that this would cause some
curiosity in the child.

(hope I have managed not to offend any parent - parent substitute -
child - etc.)

Michele Riccio
mr1 at rcosta.com