[Dragaera] Your Favorite Vlad Books

Ken Koester kkoester at email.ers.usda.gov
Tue Oct 31 08:26:19 PST 2006

Marco Emerson wrote:

>I think Teckla is his best work to date by far. . . . Jhereg was a broad stroke, trying to explain so many
>things at once that it couldn't give you that solid feel for how life works
>there.  It is hard to remember, but think about the *first* time you read
>Jhereg, and the questions you had...

Actually, I get the most complete feel for how things work from Jhereg
than any other book, and it probably is my favorite because it has so
much of the series in it.  Teckla is so painful to read that I have only
managed it twice.  Dragon gave me the most delayed reaction:  I had to
read it several times before I stopped thinking, "The Red Badge of Courage".

Snarkhunter