[Dragaera] Unstoppable Force vs Immovable Object

Gaertk at aol.com Gaertk at aol.com
Wed Nov 1 18:51:22 PST 2006

 "Scott Schultz" <scott at cjhunter.com> writes:

>> Remember, we are not on Earth.   It is possible that the emperor
>> can take on a persona which is in their society is untouchable, as
>> everybody pretends not to recognize him "on holiday".
>
> That's an unusual enough trait that you'd think we'd have heard
> about it before this.

We have, in tPG.  Paarfi mentions masks that nobles wear when they want to do something that would be inappropiate for someone of their
station.  He says that nowadays the masks are purely symbolic, but
back then they were effective at concealing the wearer's identity.

That said, this probably isn't an option for the Emperor, if only
for security reasons.

Konrad Gaertner - - - - - - - - - - - - - - email: gaertk at aol.com
http://kgbooklog.livejournal.com/
"I don't mind hidden depths but I insist that there be a surface."
                          -- James Nicoll