[Dragaera] Unstoppable Force vs Immovable Object

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Thu Nov 2 12:53:19 PST 2006

Davdi Silverrock wrote:
> On 11/1/06, Jon Lincicum wrote:
>
>> Dragaerans, by most accounts, do not gather a huge amount of pleasure
>> from eating. They do not get fat (with the occasional exception, like
>> Belly--who was chided about how he ate "like an Easterner") and the
>> Dragaeran that can cook well is (by Vlad's accounts, anyway) extremely
>> rare.
>>

> I very nearly think that someone has entirely forgotten all of the
> diverse and sundry asides about food and the eating thereof in the
> works of that Dragaeran, Paarfi of Roundwood.

Well, from external observations, it would appear that Paarfi himself
is, perhaps, another one of the exceptions.

It is entirely possible that this has colored his historical
descriptions of eating in a way that is somewhat atypical for a Dragaeran.

And I certainly do not mean to suggest that Dragaerans do not enjoy
eating, merely that it is less vital to them than it is to Easterners.