[Dragaera] Morolan and Aliera

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 16:25:08 PST 2006

On 11/5/06, Will Frank <wmfrank at stwing.org> wrote:
> Also Sprach John Dallman:
>
> > Morrolan's account of Zerika's descent of Deathgate Falls near the end
> > of chapter 9 of _Taltos_ isn't consistent with _The Paths of the Dead_,
> > but that surely isn't news either. Ah, the joys of unreliable narration!
>
> Yeah. I joined the list too late to hear the discussion of that one, but
> there's definitely something fishy there. Way I see it, it's not like
> Morrolan /could/ have used sorcery to hold off the brigands if he was
> there, and he didn't have Blackwand yet anyway, and remember what happened
> to the brigands...so I suspect he was lying through his teeth to shut Vlad
> up.

Someone, perhaps Philip Hart, has a theory that Morrolan is being
confused by false memories from someone who *was* there such as
Tazendra. I find that at least as plausible as that Morrolan was lying
on purpose or that Vlad misremembered his words.

-Max

--
Be pretty if you are, be witty if you can,
But be cheerful if it kills you.

Everything in Windows is very simple, but the simplest thing is difficult.
    -Clausewitz