[Dragaera] Unstoppable Force vs Immovable Object

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 08:58:58 PST 2006

On 11/14/06, Jon Lincicum wrote:

> Well, that's Vlad's story, anyway.
>
> I think it might be important to also remember the fact that the typical
> Imperial attitude towards Jhereg killings is indifference, so long as
> incidental casualties are kept to a minimum.

That's certainly the most likely interpretation.  And palm-grease,
spread liberally, might well help reinforce that indifference.

> I doubt the inquisitors really felt any sympathy for poor old Tagichatn.

Granted.

> Their only regret is probably that they can't give Vlad a medal for
> removing a scum-sucker like Takishat without blowing the lid off the
> investigation.

Uh, I'm pretty sure that as far as they're concerned, Vlad is a
scum-sucker who is as bad or worse than the guy he offed.  But if T
had no friends in high places (and from the sound of it, he had no
friends at all), the inquisitors wouldn't care, especially if they
were all rewarded for not caring.  As I keep saying.

> After all, it is pretty heavily implied by Zerika in /Phoenix/ that she
> knew exactly what Vlad had done at the investigation... And if she cared
> she could have just arrested him then and there.

Exactly.  *She's* not so dumb that she doesn't notice that shmugue
crap being pulled.