[Dragaera] Irresistible Force vs. Immovable Object (Was Re: Unstoppable Force vs Immovable Object)

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 15:30:25 PST 2006

On 11/16/06, Jerry Friedman <jerry_friedman at yahoo.com> wrote:
> There's another point.  The Emperor doesn't rule absolutely, as
> Zerika explains to Vlad in /Phoenix/, and that's especially true
> of a reborn Phoenix.  She may have good political reasons not to
> interfere with the Justicers even when they're inexcusably
> incompetent or corrupt or lax.

There's no reason to think Zerika is the only bright mind working for
the Empire, so I nearly think you're just reiterating Davdi's original
statement: Vlad's evasions worked only because the interrogators were
incompetent, uninterested, or bribed.

-Max

--
Be pretty if you are, be witty if you can,
But be cheerful if it kills you.

Everything in Windows is very simple, but the simplest thing is difficult.
    -Clausewitz