[Dragaera] Unstoppable Force vs Immovable Object

Will Frank wmfrank at stwing.org
Thu Nov 16 17:47:16 PST 2006

Also Sprach Jon Lincicum:

> Possibly she was doing it as a favor to Sethra Lavode, due to her
> friendship with Vlad?

Sethra didn't have a friendship with Vlad yet. It was shortly after Vlad
took out Tajitchin (I didn't look up the spelling, but then again, neither
did Vlad) that he met her, at least in this life.

I think there's something you're all forgetting...the only reason the Empire
bothered to investigate is that Tagithcin was a Duke, and the Empire
investigates Dukes. Really, I think most of the Justicers don't give a damn
whether a Jhereg, even a Duke in the House of the Jhereg, dies, even by
assassination. Perhaps especially by assassination.

I suspect the sequence of events was roughly as follows:

"My lord Justicer, a Duke of the House of the Jhereg has died."

"What? Oh, what a waste of time. Still, the law is the law. Round up the
usual suspects."

"My lord, we have some of the Duke's associates within the House of the
Jhereg."

"Let's interrogate them, then. Someone submit a request for some of Empress
Zerika's time and Orb. Bloody waste, if you ask me."

"An Easterner? Huh. Well, put him under the Orb. Easterner, do you know who
killed Duke Tagitjin?"

"I believed he killed himself, milord."

Orb: SPEAKING TRUTH

"All right, that's all. Scram."

"Yes, milord. It is an honor to be in such august company."

Orb: SPEAKING FALSE

"Wiseass Easterner Jhereg. Beat it, now."

(Zerika, watching the whole proceedings, smiles a little.)

Will "scifantasy" Frank - wmfrank at stwing.org
"Everybody lives, Rose! Just this once! /Everybody Lives!/" --The
Doctor, "The Doctor Dances"