[Dragaera] Intersection of Dragaera and Earth

Kenneth Gorelick pulmon at mac.com
Sun Nov 19 12:20:22 PST 2006

Below is an edited report from Reuters (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/
20061119/wl_nm/britain_poisoning_dc_1)

Former Russian agent reported poisoned in London

By Paul Majendie
Sun Nov 19, 11:59 AM ET
Police are investigating a suspected plot to kill a former Russian
spy by poisoning him in a London sushi restaurant.

Exiled agent Alexander Litvinenko, an outspoken critic of Russian
President Vladimir Putin, is in a "serious but stable" condition in
hospital, a police spokesman said on Sunday.

In a murky tale that could have come straight from the pages of a
Cold War spy novel, Litvinenko said he fell ill after meeting a
contact while investigating the Moscow murder of Russian journalist
Anna Politkovskaya.

<SNIP>

Litvinenko, a former colonel in the Russian secret service, fell ill
earlier this month after having lunch in a sushi bar with a
mysterious contact known only as Mario.

"I ordered lunch but he ate nothing. He appeared to be very nervous.
He handed me a four-page document which he said he wanted me to read
right away," Litvinenko told the paper.

<SNIP>

Copyright © 2006 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.