[Dragaera] Dragaera Fan Poll - Your favorite one-liner?

lincicum at comcast.net lincicum at comcast.net
Tue Dec 5 14:21:00 PST 2006

From: "John Dallman" <jgd at cix.co.uk>
> In article <4574E7EB.8030509 at comcast.net>, lincicum at comcast.net (Jon
> Lincicum) wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if you listies have any particular one-liners from
> > the Vladiad or Paarfiad that have made you roll on the floor (or at
> > least chuckle out loud) the first time you read them?
>
> Lines from two people discussing _The Lord of Castle Black_.
>
> "So I'm not through yet, but the question is clearly whose side Pel is
> going to take."
>
> "Ahem."
>
> "Sorry, yes, the question answers itself. Pel is on Pel's side; the
> question is which side Pel's side chooses to ally itself with."

That is pretty funny.

Really, I was thinking people would mention some of the "classic" one-liners from /Issola/, such as:

"I'm generalizing from one example here, but everyone generalizes from one example. At least I do."

or

Teldra: "Perhaps I should begin at the beginning."
Vlad: "Arbitrary. But still, not a bad choice."

There's another one that sticks in my memory from /Yendi/ (in an exchange with Kragar):

"Good idea boss."
"That's what I pay myself for."