[Dragaera] Verra and the Paths of the Dead

andy bonham15 at cox.net
Mon Dec 3 15:24:51 PST 2007

From: Jot Powers <books at bofh.com>
> Adding some spoilerspace
>
> Probably spoils:  Orca, Dzur and Jhergh
>
> .
>

> On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 06:21:54PM +0000, Jon Lincicum wrote:

> > From: "Scott Schultz" <scott at cjhunter.com>
> > >
> > > It also seems, given Sethra's narrative about the vial of blood, that
Verra
> > > is not so much prescient as pre-intuitive. She might have had a child
with

> Is the blood really Verra's?
>
> Here is what we know:
>
> Kiera gave a vial of blood to Vlad
> Sethra is Kiera
> Sethra reports to get blood from Verra
> Verra took blood from Vlad and wiped his memory of it
> Time does funny stuff in the PotD
>
> So, did Vlad in fact simply put his blood into Morollan?  Is Vlad's blood
> special because he is related to a god, or is it just because he is
> an easterner?  Are these items actually completely unrelated?

>Since /Dzur/, I've been wondering exactly the same thing.

>The clue that Verra took blood from Vlad in the Paths leads me to think
>that the blood in the vial is, in fact, Vlad's own.

May I point a matter of belief?  Morollan and company believe that being a
god is a skillset basically, as has been pointed out.  Easterners believe it
is something inherent... supposing that the belief of an easterner was
necessary to make the blood of a god 'magical', maybe verra's blood had to
pass through vlad to use in morollan?  Without that eastern flavor of
belief... pararectal, I know.

andy