[Dragaera] Speculation on Jhegaala, minor Dzur spoilage.

Jeff Log0n5150 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 23 13:20:32 PST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Lincicum" <lincicum at comcast.net>
To: <dragaera at dragaera.info>
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 2:16 PM
Subject: [Dragaera] Speculation on Jhegaala, minor Dzur spoilage.

> Spoiler Space
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 4
> 5
> 6
> 7
> 8
> 9
> 10
> 11
> 12
> 13
> 14
> 15
> 16
> 17
>
> As Davdi noted, Steve recently posted on his LiveJournal that the next
book he's writing is tenatively titled /Jhegaala/, and that it would take
place between /Phoenix/ and /Athyra/, which may mean that this book is where
Vlad goes east to Fenario.

> This is based on comments Vlad made in /Dzur/ that his trip east is where
he lost his finger, which we know happened during this period. (He still had
his finger in /Phoenix/, but it was missing in /Athyra/.)

> This gives some hope that we may finally get an explanation for exactly
how the finger was lost; assuming, of course, that Vlad chooses to recount
this experience in this book.

> If this is the "Vlad goes east" story, it will also be interesting to see
his other experiences in Fenario, especially considering his possible
connection to the royal family of Fenario through Cawti. This may include
the anecdote related to us previously of a time when Vlad was held prisoner
outside the Empire in an incarceration involving "far too much potato soup".

> This may also give us an opportunity to learn more about Noish-pa, who is
originally from Fenario--or other of Vlad's relatives (if he has any) who
may still live in their homeland.

> It will also be interesting to see the status of Fenario itself, some 30
years after the events depicted in Brokedown Palace. Is Vilmos still King?
Has Mariska returned to the capitol to marry into the royal family? Is
Miklos still around? Will Miska, the coachman, make an appearance?

> Is there anything anyone else would be interested in seeing Vlad
experience in his ancestral homeland?

> Majikjon

What effects that the absence of Verra's influence would have on his life
would be interesting.

jeff
- wondering if Verra could influence this thrice damned office chair to
become more comfotable.