[Dragaera] Speculation on Jhegaala, minor spoilage.

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Wed Jan 24 13:53:58 PST 2007

While learning something about Noish-pa would be interesting, I'm really
hoping that a trip back East will involve learning something about Vlad's
mother. When you think about it, it's pretty strange that we know absolutely
nothing about her. Even if she died in childbirth, you'd think that Elder
Taltos would have a psi-print or some memento of her that Vlad would have
grown up with.

Of course, we actually know precious little about Vlad's family, so maybe it
just indicates that Steve hasn't found any "cool" reasons to elaborate. We
know his father and grandfather's personalities, and I'd say we know
Noish-pa "personally", but we still don't know either of their names. It's
just "My father" in relation to his father and I think we've agreed that
Noish-pa is pretty much just "grandpa", not an actual name. Vlad's ancestry
is pretty much a cypher other than Verra's remark about him coming from
peasant stock in Fenario. The only name we have for any of Vlad's ancestors
is his fraternal grandmother.

My memory is failing me. When did Verra make the remark about being unable
to manifest in one place "thanks to the actions of one of your countrymen"?
That was when she told Vlad that he hailed from peasant stock. I fear this
was in _Issola_, making a revelation in _Jhegalla_ regarding his ancestry
seem less likely.