[Dragaera] Political obligations of the Emperor

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Thu Feb 8 11:16:27 PST 2007

Scott wrote:

>More to the point, from a general perspective: How beholden is the Emperor
>to his House? Zerika is an abberation, in that she IS House Phoenix. Her
>administration is atypical.

Every house is atypical.   That's the whole point of having different
houses rule.

>Does the Emperor answer to her House? Does she appoint members of her own
>House to prominent governmental positions?

I would think so - that's how the house rises, and that's how the
Empire's flavor changes.   The cycle is a way to accept change but still
be conservative and and comfortable with The Way Things Should Be.

It would be very useful to allow a conservative, righteous society to
change without tearing apart.   Because that's what was Written.