[Dragaera] Political obligations of the Emperor

Steve Rapaport steve.rapaport at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 07:55:48 PST 2007

> And I also wonder if perhaps Wellborn retired as Discreet because he
> could no longer take watching quietly as Tortaalik acted like an
> arrogant, useless, posturing buffoon who rarely took notice of his
> responsibilities, and who surrounded himself with advisors who were at
> best barely competent and at worst utterly useless, with the sum
> result of driving the Empire into chaos...

Probably.  Though I would take arrogant off the list.   How about a
small-minded, useless, posturing buffoon who really did want to do a good
job but didn't have the strength of character or the good judgement to do
so.

This is kind of the attitude that Khaavren had toward him too, as revealed
later to Zerika in "Sethra Lavode".

--
\Steve