[Dragaera] The Unrecorded Cracks

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 13:20:48 PST 2007

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 20:10 +0000 (GMT Standard Time), John Dallman
<jgd at cix.co.uk> wrote:
> In article
> <e6adc2290702121502t35667657i45ed6af8f0704d54 at mail.gmail.com>,
> davdisil at gmail.com (Davdi Silverrock) wrote:
> > /Taltos/ & /The Paths of the Dead/: Morrolan states that he was with
> > Zerika when she descended into the paths to retrieve the Orb; Paarfi
> > shows him as not being anywhere near there at that time. (but see also
> > Speculation:Morrolan)
>
> Since Paarfi is a "historical novelist", I'm inclined to believe
> Morrolan on this one. But I'd like to believe that Zerika leaping, when
> faced with opposition that will likely prevent a safer descent, is
> historical. It's the kind of deed that impresses gods.

Except that Morrolan's memory is obviously bad, since the context of
the conversation is that he knows sorcery doesn't work near the Falls,
having been there when Zerika was. But Morrolan grew up during the
Interregnum and so couldn't have known sorcery then anyway--except,
wait. Morrolan is known to dabble in Elder Sorcery. I suppose it's
possible that's what he was talking about.

-Max Wilson

--
Be pretty if you are, be witty if you can,
But be cheerful if it kills you.

Everything in Windows is very simple, but the simplest thing is difficult.
    -Clausewitz