[Dragaera] Morrolan's claims to witness Zerika's descent

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Wed Feb 14 09:30:48 PST 2007

From: "Maximilian Wilson" <wilson.max at gmail.com>

> Stipulated that Morrolan's knowing Elder Sorcery at that time is
> unlikely, although learning it directly from Verra is more unlikely.
> (I had in mind that he got interested in it because she's interested
> in it, as well perhaps as other members of her priesthood.)

Seems like Morrolan was pretty busy (first, assembling his circle in Blackchapel, then travelling to faerie, then building Castle Black) during his early life. I'm curious when he would have had the time to investigate Elder Sorcery, even if he had had both motivation, and access to a tutor. (Highly unlikely prior to his emigration into Dragaera.)

> Or else Paarfi lied. Single-point failure. I haven't read enough
> historical romances a la Dumas to know exactly how far history gets
> stretched in those things.

I think the point here was that Paarfi would not have dared to flat-out lie about the historical and quite verifiable acts and intentions of important, powerful nobles who are currently in favor with the Empress. Not to mention with Sethra Lavode.

> > While Vlad's memory being confused is certainly one explanation,
> > perhaps made more likely from what we see in /Dzur/, I personally
> > favor the ideation about Morrolan somehow having Tazendra's memories
> > because it's Cooler.
>
> Or else Vlad was lying.

Either knowingly, or through memory checksum errors, this is the only real alternative I can see.