[Dragaera] Opportunities for Future Vlad books

Steve Rapaport steve.rapaport at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 04:25:49 PST 2007

For the record, though, with the exception of wanting to know more about
Vlad's adventure back east (sort-of promised for Jhegaala), I am anxious to
get on with Vlad's future and less curious about any missing parts of his
past.

I see great things in store for this lad.  Great things.

Honestly, this guy is just getting going.  Empire's Second-best Assassin was
just a starting point.  Curiously Strong Fugitive (sorry, Altoids), is just
the next step.

Getting to be on a first-name basis with the Demon Goddess, Sethra Lavode,
and other figures of legend, and wielding possibly the strongest of the
Great Weapons against the greatest of enemies, these are all just hints.

The exploits of Dolivar, the ambitions of Sethra the Younger, the lurking
Kieron, these are pointers to Vlad's destiny.

Whatever you can imagine a legendary figure in Dragaera doing, Vlad has the
potential to exceed that.   I'm way more curious about how that proceeds.

Steve the Younger.

On 22/02/07, Jon Lincicum <lincicum at comcast.net> wrote:

> From: Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>
> >

> > On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Jon Lincicum wrote:
> >
> > > 3. Between /Jhereg/ and /Teckla/ there's another significant gap of
> time.
> > (About a year.)
> >
> > Alexx says _T_ starts '"a few weeks" after the end of Jhereg (Tk 5;
> 43).'
>

> Uhh, yeah.
>
> I noticed that after I posted that message. My bad.
>
> Might still be room for a story in there, tho. Especially since it's when
> Cawti was first getting involved with Kelly's group...
>
> Majikjon

\Steve