[Dragaera] An extraordinarily convenient disease...

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Wed Mar 7 12:04:03 PST 2007

Maximilian Wilson wrote:
> On 3/7/07, Brian Vanskyock <brian.vanskyock at zimmer.com> wrote:
>> We know that Vlad is the reincarnation of a certain (in)famous mythical figure,  is it possible
>> that his grandfather is also the reincarnation of someone important?
>
> I dunno. It seems to me that SKZB downplays the reincarnation thing as
> if to make the point that it's who you are, not who you were, that
> matters. Is there any reason, other than liking the character and
> wanting him to appear more frequently, to think his grandfather is
> anybody but himself?

I think it's a bit of a specialty of Aliera's, and hence got prominent
treatment in _Jhereg_ in particular.  The rest of Dragaeran society is
not so hyped on tracking it.  Although the disgust at morganti weapons,
and the tradition of taking people to Deathsgate, do relate to
reincarnation as a possibility, don't they?

What alternatives do souls face in the various non-Marganti ways of dying?
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/dd-b
Pics: http://dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum,