[Dragaera] Some more art...

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 22:47:51 PDT 2007

On 3/26/07, Kendra Vorenkamp wrote:

> On 3/26/07, Davdi Silverrock wrote:
> >
> > Some further searching finds even more of these new French edition covers:
> >

> > http://www3.fnac.com/item/author.do?category=book&id=74468
> >

>  Wow, the artwork for Teckla suggests that the artist actually read the book
> before doing the art work...heh

While I cannot be certain, I suspect that not only did the artist read
the book, but that he was influenced by the knowledge of a notable
event in French history, which event might have also influenced SKZB
when he was writing the book (and who knows, perhaps he will even be
moved to speak on this influence here):

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_commune

Note all of the red banners in the /Teckla/ cover image.

Searching yet some more brings up the publisher's page:

    http://www.mnemos.com/AUTEUR/Brust.html

Which has links to the page for the artist, Guillaume Sorel.

   http://www.guillaumesorel.fr.st/

I note that he has a page that has alternate art for the covers.

   http://perso.numericable.fr/~olinosal/htm/principal/informations.htm

Scroll down (there are no anchor links), or search for the text that says:

Propositions de couvertures pour "La nuit du prédateur"

Propositions de couvertures pour Yendi

3 recherches pour la couverture du Roman "Jhereg" de Steven Brust (c) Mnémos

15/04/05 :

Finally, the above page also links to a gallery site for the artist:

   http://www.galerie9art.com/index.php?expo=2

Which also has Yendi & Jhereg:

   http://www.galerie9art.com/index.php?expoitem=130&nav=21

   http://www.galerie9art.com/index.php?expoitem=275&nav=22