[Dragaera] Iconaclastic lyrics

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Mon May 7 11:52:54 PDT 2007

On 5/7/07, Howard Brazee wrote:
> Davdi Silverrock wrote:
>
> >My 1993 copy of the CD, as distributed by SteelDragon Press, has a
> >lyrics booklet, which I didn't remember until I went to grab the CD to
> >rip the Backwards Message track.  As with all lyrics booklets, the
> >lyrics do not necessarily match exactly to what is sung. Backwards
> >Message, for example, has little spoken bits not printed in the
> >lyrics; indeed, the last few lines are not printed at all.
> >
> >What did your copy (which pressing?) come with?
> >

> I'm at work right now, I don't know what pressing my CD has, nor what
> date my cassette has.   I do believe I looked for lyrics when I ripped
> the CD for my iPod.

While looking at the booklet, it occurred to me that it could have
been printed more cheaply by removing the lyrics, and just printing
the outer pages (cover picture; track listing; acknowledgments; track
listing again (only white on black)), and even more cheaply by just
printing a single jewel-case-size sheet with the cover picture and
track listing.

I think I got my copy of /Rose/ when I bought the /Another Way to
Travel/ CD, and possibly at the same time as when I bought the Flash
Girls CDs, which would have been in the early or mid-1990s.

Now I am curious as to the publishing history of /Rose/.  Does anyone
else remember when they bought their CD, and how many pages were
included in the jewel case?