[Dragaera] Iconaclastic lyrics

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Mon May 7 23:29:15 PDT 2007

On 5/4/07, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
>   I put lyrics in my iPod, but recognize that some of my lyrics were
> guessing.   If someone could listen to */A Rose For Iconoclastes/*, and
> edit my lyrics, I would appreciate corrections.
>

> =======================
> The Visit
>     Steven Brust
> ------------
> We come into town for a week or so, the room is so quite at night.

"quiet", not "quite"

> The old man thinks the kid could have some wine, well I guess that it'd
> be all right.
> We wait for the old man to read the map, so we can all get lost again,

"Gotta wait"

> I it's a shame my sister wasn't around around to hear the way he played
> the violin

"And it's a shame my sister ain't around to hear the way they play the violin"

> chorus:
>     I wish you could see us checking out the buildings and the cafes too

"I wish you could have seen us" (or "could'a seen us")

>     walking down the old Oak streets, 'till we made them new.

"walking down the old, old streets"

> The castle's like its old stone world up here

"The castle's like its own stone world, there's a wind in my face;"

>  when we're dead and gone, I think we'll all

"When we're dead and gone" &c

> to take me and his daddy to the city we love so well.

"to take me and his daddy back to that city we love so well."

> (a minute of silence then percussion style music that doesn't match
> song)

Followed by the sung words "bye-bye".

I believe that this is what is called a hidden track.  A bonus; an easter egg.