[Dragaera] Hyperintelligent blue...was:Re: Yuck

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Mon May 14 12:59:12 PDT 2007

Very amusing! Full of all sorts of good references... Especially all the non-HHG ones. (Dirk Gently, Starship Titanic, Meaning of Liff, &c).

It's a very good song to use for this, as well.

I have just a couple of very minor nits to pick...

>         Pile up by bistromathics

This should probably be Bistromathematics. Can it be made to fit the meter this way?

> Slartibartfast's picture in the ice,

It was his signature, not his picture. This is, perhaps, artistic license to fit the meter better?

>         While battered sofas travel

I don't remember the sofa being "battered", it was just a Chesterfield. I could be misremembering. In any case I was hoping for a reference to "Eddies in the Space-Time Continuum!"   ;-)

> Inside all the stories that you told
> Beats an ever-living Heart of Gold.
>         And our affection
>         Returns in your direction
> We're gonna miss you for the longest time.

Very nice ending.