[Dragaera] agnosticism (no flame) (was, long ago: (no spoilers) The 17 [Great Weapons])

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Tue May 22 11:18:50 PDT 2007

On 5/22/07, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

> Except atheists aren't close enough to believing it for that
> (considering if they were wrong), to be an issue.    We don't have a
> believe system that the Easter Bunny doesn't exist nor that the moon is
> made of green cheese either.

Don't you? I disbelieve in the existence of the Eastern Bunny in the same
way that David Dyer-Bennet disbelieves in afterlives (well, perhaps a bit
more strongly). What's that quote? "Said the atheist to the theist, 'I
submit that we are both atheists. The difference is that I disbelieve one
more god than you do.'" Seems reasonable to me.

-Max

--
Be pretty if you are, be witty if you can,
But be cheerful if it kills you.

Everything in Windows is very simple, but the simplest thing is difficult.
    -Clausewitz