[Dragaera] agnosticism (no flame) (was, long ago: (nospoilers) The 17 [Great Weapons])

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Tue May 22 11:58:03 PDT 2007

On 5/22/07, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

> Durston, Andrew (AGRE) wrote:
> > Specifically, I'd like to know that when my body fails, my
> > mind/sentience/thought-processes etc. will persist/continue. I can't
> > imagine (and frankly fear) just not thinking anymore...
> >

> Except that you (and all of us) have already experienced not-thinking.
> And you haven't always been.

Unproven assertions. You're coming close to assuming your conclusion here,
which is that the brain is equivalent to the body (unless you're arguing
that memory is equivalent to existence, which puts amnesaics in a hard
position). It's a reasonable conclusion to draw, but obviously
unsatisfactory to Mr. Durston, to Hindus, to Mormons, and probably to
scientologists.

-Max

--
Be pretty if you are, be witty if you can,
But be cheerful if it kills you.

Everything in Windows is very simple, but the simplest thing is difficult.
    -Clausewitz