[Dragaera] Dragaeran reincarnation

Diana diana.neat at gmail.com
Fri May 25 11:55:57 PDT 2007

> >I agree.   Which means, whatever you are you are, and will be forever.
> >If you're a hero, you will come back a hero.  If you're scum, you will
> >come back scum.   Assistance in acceptance could be the source of some
> >religion.
>
> Is this a denial that a soul can be redeemed? Can the reincarnation of a soul who was,
> say, a traitor to his house perhaps atone for his prior misdeeds--say by saving Dragaera
> from the threats of the Jenoine, or something?
>
> How might this be applicable to Vlad, for example? Will he always just be scum, just
> because a prior incarnation once did some particularly nasty things?

Granted that being scum and being of use to the Gods are not mutually
exclusive, but I seem to recall a statement somewhere (Taltos?) that
one of the functions of the Halls of Judgement is to sift through
souls that could be of use to the Gods, and that reincarnation was a
process of refining certain souls to enhance their usefulness--or of
setting souls into the world to perform certain tasks. Therefore,
while personality traits may be preserved in the soul, the worth of a
soul may increase over time. Reincarnation not as karma, but
craftsmanship. (From the point of view of the Gods, of course.)