[Dragaera] The Lyorn's Horn

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Sun May 27 11:33:05 PDT 2007

Davdi Silverrock wrote:
> On 5/26/07, Jon Lincicum wrote:
>
>> I've been toying with a new entry graphic for the Lyorn Records wiki, in
>> which I have included a stylized lyorn profile.
>>
>> Does this image...
>>
>> http://dragaera.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Lyornlogo.jpg
>>
>> ...conform to what people think a lyorn should look like?
>>
>> Comments?
>>

> Some ideas:
>
> Perhaps an Afghan hound rather than a retriever - thinner and more elegant.

Hmmm... Afghan hounds have all that hair, makes it hard to get a "lean"
look in silhouette. How about a greyhound?
> Since SKZB suggested a straight horn, use a narwhal horn.

Well, or a unicorn horn.
> Rather than the blurred silhouette, use sharp-edged one.

The blurring on the edges was actually something of an accident the
first time anyway. I needed to blur to get the coloration right on the
fill color, but had neglected to place the stroke on the edges on a
separate layer, so the edges got blurry. Won't happen again.
> And finally, perhaps two colors - I noted the phrase "lyorn red",
> which might suggest that the body is red rather brown.  Perhaps red
> with brown legs?  Or perhaps random areas of red and brown?

Brownish/reddish/golden? Hmm... Well, I think that for a "stylized
representation" colors need not be accurate to the actual animal.
Therefore I will duck the issue and present this revision for any who
are interested:

http://dragaera.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Lyornlogo-2.jpg

Better? Worse? Same?

Majikjon

-Thanks for the input guys. It really does help.