[Dragaera] The Lyorn's Horn

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Mon May 28 14:13:22 PDT 2007

Philip Hart wrote:
> On Mon, 28 May 2007, Jon Lincicum wrote:
>

>> I've slimmed it up a bit, sharpened the point, to hopefully minimize the
>> effect in this latest modification.
>>
>> http://dragaera.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Lyornlogo-4a.jpg
>>

> This horn looks more courtly.
>
> It's a very annoying complaint no doubt, but this dog looks very
> puppyish to me.  I at first had the impression that a human child's
> head with a horn had been grafted on a dog's body.

Well, this is a young lyorn. [grin]

(Actually, it *was* a picture of a youthful vizsla (almost a puppy) I
used as a model for the outline, but I think this works better than some
of the other images I found. I really like the way the back feet are
spread out so they can be seen separately in profile.)

> Also I still have an impression of chocolate, some of which is
> associated I think with the glosss effect at the edges.

This really comes about as close to golden-brown as I can manage using
web-safe colors. And it is, after all, meant to be just a representation
of a lyorn, not a picture of one.

I may go back and redesign from scratch again sometime at a later date,
but I think this is close enough to what I was shooting for, at least
for right now.