[Dragaera] Genre [music] research?

A.S. Zanoni chica at dreamcafe.com
Mon Jun 4 03:25:32 PDT 2007

This came from CD Baby.  So I thought I'd follow their advice.  :D  If
anyone would like to putter around and send the list their thoughts, it
would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Chica*---

-----

The CD Baby website used to have 249 genres.  Now it has 864.

MY ADVICE:

#1 - Browse through http://cdbaby.com/style to see which genres your
music seems to fit.

#2 - Notice which genres are not as crowded. You have a better chance
of being discovered there, if your music is truly in that genre.

#3 - If you are not positive what a genre means, search Google or
Wikipedia, but don't classify your album in a genre you've never
heard of before.

Unfortunately, I can't help you choose a genre. If you're stumped,
this would be a good opportunity to email your mailing list, point
them to http://cdbaby.com/style, and ask them to help you choose.

YOUR EXISTING GENRES AND EDIT-LINK:

STEVEN BRUST: A Rose for Iconoclastes:
FOLK: Folk Pop