[Dragaera] Speculation on weapons and sorcery

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Mon Jun 25 04:54:34 PDT 2007

It is interesting to note that in our world there are some ancient sling
stones with curses printed on them (I don't remember whether these were clay
with stamped curses or what).

I don't recall this concept being used in any fantasies that I have read -
for some reason slings tend to be ignored, possibly because they are
primarily a weapon used for general artillery - David vs. Goliath is an
exception.

But let's think of various ways that working magic can impact how weapons
are used.   Maybe it works easily against low-mass weapons.   While Vlad
uses darts and such, this isn't in a war-combat situation.   Protection
spells against mosquito type weapons might be prevalient.