[Dragaera] Drive-by poll about titles

John Dallman jgd at cix.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 13:21:00 PDT 2007

In article <Pine.LNX.4.64.0706281153510.10295 at rdpc11.slac.stanford.edu>,
philiph at slac.stanford.edu (Philip Hart) wrote:

> I'm curious why _Taltos_ is coming up so often.  I don't think the
> intercutting threads or the deus ex witchcraft ending work all that
> well.

The "life flashing before Vlad's eyes" structure that the threads build
works pretty well for me. It's also a fine example of supplying a load
of information without visible info-dumping: it gives me more sense of
the world than most of the other books manage. The later ones tend to
force me to do a lot of recalling of background to understand what's
going on and why, whereas Taltos tells a whole story quite well.

--
John Dallman, jgd at cix.co.uk, HTML mail is treated as probable spam.