[Dragaera] Drive-by poll about titles

pulmon at Mac.com pulmon at Mac.com
Thu Jun 28 13:56:23 PDT 2007

What happens if you weight by ranking?
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Schultz <scott at cjhunter.com>

Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 12:56:05
To:dragaera at dragaera.info
Subject: Re: [Dragaera] Drive-by poll about titles

>I'm curious why _Taltos_ is coming up so often.  I don't think the
>intercutting threads or the deus ex witchcraft ending work all that well.

Matter of taste, I suppose. The intercutting threads worked quite
effectively for me. The "deus ex witchcraft" as you refer to it actually
struck me as a clever conclusion to the dilemma of the protagonists, and the
spell casting thread running through the chapter headers was interesting in
its own right and served to build up suspense once its relationship to the
main storyline became clear.

Granted, it might be challenging to present it properly in an audio book.

Out of curiosity, I've compiled a count of the voting so far. As of 6/28
12:40pm PDT the standings are as follows:

The Phoenix Guards	20
Taltos			18
Jhereg			15
Issola			13
To Reign In Hell		09
Agyar				05
Dragon			05
The Sun, Moon, Stars	04
Yendi				04
Cowboy Feng's Space Bar	03
Brokedown Palace		03
Phoenix			02
Orca				02
Viscount of Adrilankha	02
Five Hundred Years After02

There's a bit of fudging due to a couple of respondents being less than
precise about their choices, but it has hardly any effect on the overall
outcome. TPG and Taltos are the clear winners (while tallying the votes, it
felt distinctly like a neck and neck horse race) with Jhereg, Issola, and To
Reign in Hell rounding out the winner's circle.