[Dragaera] Crack in Palace [spolier]

Konrad Gaertner kgaertner at tx.rr.com
Thu Jul 5 14:56:40 PDT 2007

inuyashadontask at aim.com wrote:

> ???? Seventh. How can the Easterns musted enought people to fight if the own King's domian is that of a Boran in Dragaera?

Dragaeran serfs address their lord by the title connected to the land
the serfs live on, not the lord's highest title; Savn talks about
Baron Smallcliff, not Count Loraan.

The pass Miklos went through leads to the Pepperfields, which was a
Marquisate in tPG, but was reduced to a Barony in FHYA.  We know this
because one of Adron's titles was Baron of Pepperfields (FHYA ch.10).

So if someone (like Morrolan) has inherited (or been given) all of
Adron's titles, then he would be locally addressed as Baron
Pepperfield despite also being Duke of Eastmanswatch, Count of Korio
and Sky, Baron of Redground, Tresli, Twobranch, and Erfina, and
Imperial Baron of Noughtfound, which together may well be larger
than Fenario.

Konrad Gaertner - - - - - - - - - - - - - email: kgaertner at tx.rr.com
http://kgbooklog.livejournal.com/
"You are nothing if not thorough in your self-congratulatory made-up
logic."  "I'm rather humble that way." -- Sanderson, _Warbreaker_