[Dragaera] Overload [warning] on the stories...

A.S. Zanoni chica at dreamcafe.com
Sat Jul 7 01:16:08 PDT 2007

dragaera-request at dragaera.info wrote:

Message: 16
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 15:45:46 -0500
From: "Johne Cook" <johne.cook at gmail.com>

Yes, but just two.  I had no idea he had so many.  I had this idea he
didn't feel all that comfortable with them.  I'd love to track them
all down.

------------------------------

  [ Short stories & comfort ]

Yes, you're right.  Steve prefers characters that he can spend more time
with and feels that short stories do not allow this.

Locating Steve's stories is possible, just time-consuming.
Theoretically.  MySimon was just recommended to me for tracing used
books; I typically use Abebooks.com, but MySimon sorts competing book
vendors for you.  And MySimon counts shipping costs.

  [ Stories, anthologies, universes, &c ]

Many of Steve's short stories are in shared universes.  Five in Liavek -
and two of those are collaborations.  The other universes are Thieves
World [aka Sanctuary], Bordertown, and Sandman.

I highly recommend B-town for great stories.  Animation magic is a
problem, so keep that in mind.

Liavek is out of print.  When you locate those volumes, cherish them,
please.  All the Scribblies and their good friends are present.  (If you
don't want them, please tell me; I'd love my own set replaced.)  Liavek
is in my comfort-books category - beloved books that I read over and over.

Plus, only Steve could have added the particular characters to Liavek
that he did.

_Lord of the Fantastic_ is a marvelous festschrift for Roger Zelazny.
Steve and many others put much of themselves into this.  Another that I
re-read.

"Attention Shoppers" in _Xanadu_ rocks.  Jane Yolen made Steve sell it
to her...

Postscript:  "A Dream of Passion" was originally available as a
convention chapbook.

(And I will keep in mind the reply-to adjustment!  :>  Thanks.)

*---

---
A.S. Zanoni
Personal Assistant to Steven Brust