[Dragaera] A passing comment of Sethra's

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Tue Jul 10 12:20:18 PDT 2007

>	"... even the awful destruction and suffering ... cannot detract
>from the honor Sethra Lavode deserves from us all.  Similarly, that today
>she has vanished from sight, perhaps for all time, does not detract from
the
>honor"
>- pg 535 of the paperback

>	"Sethra had only managed to bring Aliera's body...
> It is not impossible that the belief that she had
>failed accounts for Sethra's vanishing from human intercourse, if, indeed,
>she has not met her fate in some awful battle or tragic mischance."
>- pg 537

I don't know where how Alex determined his dates for the return of Aliera
and the writing of FHYA. The passages above imply to me that FHYA was
initially finished in the time period between Sethra's death (becoming one
with the rock of Dzur Mountain?) and her emergence from the Paths as a
vampire. Given a Dragaeran's lifespan, Paarfi wouldn't think anything of
finishing the book "early" and holding onto the manuscript while he
researched _Viscount_ and/or searched for a suitable patron/publisher.