[Dragaera] a theory

Pieter Chielens pieter.chielens at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 10:17:24 PDT 2007

Hi,

The main reason for joining this list today is because I thought of a theory
today while I was rereading Athyra.

In chapter 5 we read how Savn finds a book belonging to Master Wag titled
"The Book of the Seven Wizards".
In it we see descriptions of seven wizards and their goals and
characteristics.(I think the easiest way for all is that you just take your
copies of Athyra instead of me typing the whole passage). Anyways, while I
was reading this passage (and because yesterday I was rereading certain
passages from 500 years after in which figured Kieron, Sethra and the early
tribe) I thought about the chance that these Seven Wizards described in
Athyra might be that first tribe.

What do we know about the tribe? I believe we know 4 members, Kieron, Drien,
Sethra and Dolivar, "Drien either was a male who changed himself to a
female, or a female who changed herself to a male, or neither. It is known
that Drien had offspring but whether this was as a man or a woman, or
whether s/he had them before or after hir transformation is unclear
(*Issola<http://dragaera.wikia.com/wiki/Issola_%28book%29>
*).(source: lyorn records: drien)".

In Athyra, the seven wizards consist of 4 females, and 3 males. So in that
respect, everything is still possible.

My speculation ends there because I know very little about Kieron, Drien,
Sethra and Dolivar... And because I was hoping that maybe this theory may
have been featured on this mailinglist a long while ago, while I was still
ignorant about this stuff.

Pieter