[Dragaera] SKZB, and the Mafia

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 20 22:12:40 PDT 2007

--- Jon Lincicum <lincicum at comcast.net> wrote:

> From: "Davdi Silverrock" <davdisil at gmail.com>
> > I was reading Steve's wikipedia page, and noticed the line saying "An
> > infatuation with, and, following the murder of a friend, subsequent
> > disillusionment with the Mafia".
> >
> > Could Steve, or someone who knows him personally (Chica, DDB, etc)
> > please expand on whether, in their opinion, Steve's knowledge of or
> > interest in the Mafia could actually be called "an infatuation"?

> > Anyway, I think the Wikipedia page could do with some editing on this
> > topic (so this is sort of a [citation needed], I guess).
>
> I've given the Lyorn Records version of this a bit of a tweaking based
> on Steve's response (thanks for clarifying this, BTW, it's something
> that's always piqued my interest in that article).
>
> I'm not sure how to really do a good citation on this, however. Are
> there any other articles or perhaps archived posts that would be useful
> to link to?

I *hate* the way "reply" only replies to the sender.  Or maybe I
hate myself for always forgetting.  Or both.  Anyway, I apologize
to Steven for sending him something that was probably of little
interest to him and for his seeing some of this twice.

I even typed the above in an e-mail that was going just to Jon.
Caught it just in time.

/Anyway/, I too would be interested in the earlier sources.
Wikipedia isn't supposed to let people revise their own entries,
but on the other hand, there isn't going to be any better source
for Steven's state of mind than himself.  "Committing the fatal
error of speculating in advance of the data," I suspect that
the person who wrote "infatuation" read a little too much into
his or her source.

Trivia question (for the whole list, this time): Why, when you
search for "Brust Mafia", does John Gay come up?

Jerry Friedman